A New Season is Here…
Now is the Time to Get Your Health and Nutrition Back on Track!
So the summer is winding down. The kiddos are heading back to school and the vacation season is coming to an end. For many of us, we use the summer as an excuse to indulge a little more and exercise a little less. We travel, the kids are home and our routine suffers a bit. Sound familiar?
Well, if this is you, now is the time to refocus your attention on improving your health and wellness.
Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man or woman. Studies show exercise offers the following benefits:
- Reduces the risk of some cancers.
- Increases longevity
- Helps achieve and maintain ideal weight
- Enhances mood
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases the “stiffness” and arthritic pain
- In short, exercise just makes you feel better!
Good nutrition is also extremely important! Eating non-processed, whole, nutritious food offers the following benefits:
- You will have more energy to be more productive.
- You will be happier. What we eat has an impact on our brains and whether we feel happy, sad, tired or energetic.
- You won’t be as stressed. Certain foods have the ability to moderate our body’s level of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- You will have better control of your weight. Your weight is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise.
- You will eat less. When you eat fresh foods, you receive more nutrients, keeping your body running longer without feeling hungry.
- You will age better. The antioxidants in fresh berries and salmon’s omega-3 fatty acids both help improve the health of your skin cells and slows premature aging.
- You will feel more empowered! Making your health a priority makes you feel like you have some control of your body.
- You will live longer
- You will save money. Eating healthier foods will hold off many common illnesses which can decrease the amount we pay for doctor’s visits and medications.
So now you know the benefits of eating well and exercising regularly, now what? How can you get back on track when you are not motivated to see the dog days of summer end? Here are a few steps you can take to improve your ability to regain control over your exercise and health:
- Schedule time to exercise and go, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Plan your meals for the week. If you take a few minutes every week to plan your meals, you will improve your chances of making healthier choices.
- Have healthy snacks available to grab and go, so you don’t find yourself at the nearest fast food restaurant.
- Find a friend to workout with. Studies show planning your workout with a friend increases your consistency and success.
So how can ABS Pilates help you get back on track?
1. ABS Pilates offers different classes to address the different needs of the individual. ABS Pilates offers the following drop-in classes:
- Reformer classes
- Tower classes
- Barre classes
2. ABS Pilates offers private and semi-private Pilates sessions.
3. ABS Pilates offers health coaching services to get both your exercise and nutrition back on track.
The time has come to get back on track, so contact ABS Pilates today and get back on track tomorrow!