Why Pilates May Be the MOST Important Form of Exercise to Include in Your Exercise Routine…..
All the gifts have been unwrapped. The decorations are coming down. And the parties have ended. You are ready to get your health and wellness back on track. But how do you start?
Here is how you begin to get organized in the new year:
1. Sit down and make a list of what goals you would
like to meet in 2016. (i.e. I would like to drink more
water this year. And eliminate soda from my diet.)
2. Break those goals down into weekly and daily action
plans. Write these steps down and post them on your bathroom mirror or bulletin board so you remember them every day. (i.e. Week one – I will drink 4 8-ounce glasses of water each day and only drink 3 sodas each week)
3. Schedule your action plan on your daily calendar.
4. Take it one day at a time.
As you are trying to organize your health and wellness goals, make it simple! Simply put it, your goals can be as simple as 9 little words:
• Eat Food (1)
• Not Too Much (1)
• Mostly Plants (1)
• Exercise Daily
(1) These words came from the PBS program “In Defense of Food” aired on 12/30/15….totally worth watching
As you are planning your daily exercise routine, make sure you include all of the following forms of exercise in that plan:
• Cardiovascular Exercise
• Strength Training
• Flexibility Exercises
• Balance Exercises
Pilates can be the most important form of exercise you can include in your weekly routine, so make sure you include that in your plan. Pilates fits into 3 of the 4 forms of exercise listed above….strength training, flexibility exercises and balance exercises.
Pilates, when practiced regularly (at least 2x each week), has SO many amazing benefits…..
*Improves Full Body Strength
*Builds Amazing Abdominal and Lower Back Strength
*Improves Overall Flexibility
*Enhances the Ability to Relax
*Improves Posture Awareness
*Works the Entire Body from Top to Bottom
*It Reduces the Incidence of Overuse Injuries in Other Sports *Improves Ability to Breathe Deeply
*It Makes Everything Else You Do Feel Better and Stronger
ABS Pilates is here and may be your best choice for a complete Pilates program in Columbus and all of Central Ohio for the following reasons…….
1. Private, semi-private and drop-in classes are available to meet the needs of everyone.
2. All classes are taught by a licensed physical therapist with more than 20 years of experience.
3. Classes and sessions are more affordable than any other Pilates studio in the area.
4. Each class and session is customized for the individuals attending
So don’t delay, make your 2016 action plan and start walking down the road to a stronger, healthier you today!