Pilates – Private? Semi-Private? or Group? Which is Better?
Pilates is a great form of exercise for everyone, from the most athletic to the most deconditioned. Pilates is a system of exercise designed to improve strength, flexibility, posture awareness and balance.
All forms of Pilates has it’s advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on your goals and your experience on which session you should choose.
Private Pilates sessions offer quite a few benefits to the individual. Here are some benefits of taking private Pilates:
- It’s a great place to start. If you are new to Pilates, it is always recommended to start with at least a few private sessions to teach you the fundamentals of Pilates and what to expect in a class setting.
- A private session is a more customized workout. The instructor is able to see your strengths and weaknesses and design a workout specifically with you in mind.
- Working with an instructor privately ensures that you truly understand the purpose and form of each exercise. A private session teaches you the basics making sure your form is correct with every exercise, thereby reducing the incident of injury during a class.
- Private is better if you have an injury you are trying to recover from. If you are recovering from an illness or injury a private session is most beneficial in helping you regain strength and endurance so as not to delay your healing.
- It can be a more focused workout specifically designed for you. Whether you are preparing for a marathon or recovering from a chronic lower back injury, private Pilates can be designed just for your needs and goals.
There are also great benefits from taking a group or scheduling a few semi-private sessions. Here are a few benefits of taking a group or semi-private class:
- 1. You develop a sense of camaraderie and friendship with like-minded individuals with goals similar to yours. ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio has great clients who are fun and ready to workout. So you find you are looking forward to spending the “Best Hour of Your Day” with friends.
- Drop-in classes and semi-private sessions are more economical. Semi-private and drop-in classes are less expensive than private sessions. Thereby allowing you to come to more Pilates classes and still stay within your budget.
- A group setting can provide a fun, uplifting environment that you will want to experience again and again. We have fun in all our classes and still find plenty of time to get a great workout in.
Pilates is fun and very beneficial in many different ways. If you are new to Pilates, it is best to at least start out with a few private sessions so the instructor can get to know you, and what you can and can’t do. It also provides an opportunity to ensure you are reaping the full benefit of each exercise before you join a class setting.
Pilates Sessions Columbus Ohio
ABS Pilates of Columbus, provides all kinds of Pilates sessions. Private sessions, semi-private sessions and group classes. All classes and sessions are lead by Amanda B. Smith, a licensed physical therapist, McKenzie therapist and certified Pilates instructor with more than 25 years of experience. She has experience working with the most athletic and the most deconditioned clients. ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio offers Mat classes, Tower classes, Reformer classes and Barre classes so you can add a variety of workouts to your routine. All private, semi-private and drop-in classes are the most economical classes, lead by the most qualified instructor in the Columbus, Ohio area.
Contact ABS Pilates today and get started on a healthier, stronger life tomorrow!