Joseph Pilates is famous for saying,
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference. In 20 you will see the difference. And in 30, you’ll be on your way to having a whole new body.”
I am often asked by new clients, “How often should I do Pilates to look and feel a difference.” My answer is pretty much the same for everyone….”Do Pilates one time per week to maintain your current Pilates fitness level. But if you want to truly see a difference, at least twice a week is what I recommend.” Pilates is gentle, yet effective, enough to be practiced daily.
When someone is planning their workouts, they should keep a few things in mind:
1. Your workout plan should include the following elements every single week:
• Cardiovascular conditioning – running, walking, spinning, etc – something that gets your heart rate up and the sweat flowing.
• Strength training – lifting weights, Pilates, etc. – to build the strength of your muscles and bones.
• Flexibility – Yoga, Pilates, stretches – To improve or maintain good mobility of the muscles and joints.
• Balance – Pilates, BOSU exercises – To make sure your balance stays in check.
2. You need to workout at least 3 times every single week, but doing something active every day is best.
3. A 20-minute workout is better than a zero-minute workout….But a 60-minute workout is optimal.
4. Schedule your workouts like you would a doctor’s appointment and keep to the schedule.
5. Pilates is one of best ways to build strength, improve flexibility and balance and enhance your posture awareness.
ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio offers many different ways to get your Pilates in each and every week. ABS Pilates offers the following services to adapt to the schedule and economic needs of each individual:
1. Private Pilates sessions
2. Semi Private Pilates sessions
3. Group classes on the Reformer, Tower and Barre
4. 60-minute private and semi private sessions.
5. 30-minute private and semi private sessions.
6. All forms of payment are accepted.
7. Packages are offered which decreases the cost of each session or class.
All classes and sessions at ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio are lead by Amanda B. Smith, a licensed physical therapist, ACE certified Group Exercise instructor, certified Pilates instructor and certified McKenzie therapist with more than 25 years of experience.
Contact ABS Pilates today and feel, see and BE different tomorrow!