Seven Steps in Restarting Your Pilates
Have you fallen out of your exercise routine?
Does restarting your Pilates or exercise practice sound exhausting?
Well, pull up your “suck it up buttercup ….it is time to get back on that “horse and ride!
We all fall out of a consistent exercise program from time to time. For some of us it is short-lived for others, it becomes the new “way of life”. Don’t make this the “new way of life” for you!
Let ABS Pilates of Sunbury, Ohio help!
The Benefits of a Consistent Exercise/Pilates Routine include:
- Improved strength, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance
- Fights off the incident of injury and illness
- Holds off mental stresses such as depression, anxiety and sadness.
So….how do you restart a Pilates or Exercise program safely and effectively?
Here are the 7 steps in restarting your Pilates/exercise practice:
- RESHAPE YOUR BEHAVIOR…Do this for no one else but yourself! It is totally up to you to make sure you do everything you can to become consistently stronger and healthier. YOU DESERVE IT!
- PLAN AHEAD….Intentions are only effective if you WRITE THEM DOWN ON YOUR CALENDAR AND STICK TO THEM!
- BE CONSISTENT! Pilates can be practiced every single day!
- VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE! You need Pilates at least 2-3x per week (TOWER, REFORMER, MAT…just add variety), Cardio exercises 2-3x/week….and anything else that inspires you…Zumba, lifting, Hip Hop, Running…VARIETY!
- TRACK EVERY WORKOUT!…..Write it down and you will see patterns and consistency.
- YOU MAY HAVE TO BEGIN AT THE BEGINNING….If you have been away from Pilates or any exercise program for more than a few weeks, you should not “pick up where you left off”….the muscles become de-conditioned at least twice as fast as it takes to rebuild. If you “jump back in with both feet”, you are more likely to overtrain or sustain an injury. The important muscles have likely becomed deconditioned during your time off. So you will need to “re-ignite” the important muscles. It can take 2-3 sessions or 2-3 weeks….start SLOW BUT CONSISTENT!
- THINK WELLNESS…..NOT WEIGHT LOSS! If you change your mindset you will be more likely to be successful! Exercise to make yourself healthy and strong…..NOT for weight loss. Weight loss is more about what you eat than what you do.
ABS Pilates is located in Sunbury, Ohio. It services the Sunbury, New Albany, Gahanna, Westerville, Johnstown and Columbus areas.
ABS Pilates offers in-studio Mat and Equipment-based Pilates for all levels of fitness.
ABS Pilates offers Online Mat Pilates for all levels of fitness.
All classes are taught by Amanda B. Smith, licensed physical therapist and certified Pilates instructor with more than 30 years of experience.
EXERCISE TO IMPROVE HOW YOU FEEL….NOT TO IMPROVE HOW YOU LOOK AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL