Stand Tall, Stand Strong….Benefits of Standing Pilates
Would you like to improve your balance?
How about improving your ability to stand, walk and function?
ABS Pilates incorporates Standing Pilates in every class and session?
Why is Standing Pilates important?
What is Standing Pilates?
Classically Pilates is a system of exercises to strengthen and stretch the body and improve tone and posture. Pilates trains for natural, correct and efficient movement* Standing Pilates adapts many of the classical Pilates mat exercises into the vertical plane
Benefits of Standing Pilates:
1. Promotes the well-being of the pelvic floor
2. Teaches correct body alignment in functional positions
3. Full-body exercises
4. Improves bone strength because of it’s weight-bearing nature.
5. It is easier to do if someone has a challenging time getting on and off the floor.
6. It improves balance
7. It improves standing posture awareness
8. It teaches both the mind and body to re-pattern movement habits toward
Standing Pilates vs. Mat Pilates
Mat Pilates is classical, standing Pilates is more contemporary
Standing Pilates promotes functional strength
Mat Pilates improves direct abdominal strength
Standing Pilates focuses strongly on balance.
Standing Pilates is easier to incorporate in daily routine
Who should do Standing Pilates….
1. Athletes who want to improve balance and strength with his/her sport
2. People with osteoporosis or osteopenia
4. People with Parkinson’s disease or other disorders that effects balance and functional strength
5. Anyone with standing postural deficits
6. Anyone who wants to improve balance, functional strength and posture awareness.
How ABS Pilates can help:
1. ABS Pilates offers both Live In-Studio options and Online options to give you variety and the ability to be consistent.
2. ABS Pilates offers both Mat Pilates and Equipment Pilates ONLINE and IN-STUDIO
3. ABS Pilates offers a variety of classes for different levels of challenge….beginner classes, intermediate and advanced.
4. ABS Pilates is here for you to help you develop the ideal program for you….so reach out to me and I would be happy to help you plan your exercise routine.
ABS Pilates is located in Sunbury, Ohio. It services the Sunbury, New Albany, Gahanna, Westerville, Johnstown and Columbus areas.
ABS Pilates offers in-studio Mat and Equipment-based Pilates for all levels of fitness.
ABS Pilates offers Online Mat Pilates for all levels of fitness.
All classes are taught by Amanda B. Smith, licensed physical therapist and certified Pilates instructor with more than 30 years of experience.
EXERCISE TO IMPROVE HOW YOU FEEL….NOT TO IMPROVE HOW YOU LOOK AND YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!