The Holidays are Here….What Are You Doing Today to Make Sure You Stay Active?
The holiday season is upon us. There is shopping to be done, gifts to be wrapped and parties to host…..Are you still getting your workouts in?
It is so easy to put your workouts on hold during this busy season. But studies show that this is not best thing to do. Falling out of your regular exercise routine can lead to:
- Weight gain
- Higher stress levels
- Poor eating habits developing
- Harder to get back into a regular routine after the holidays are over.
So what can you do to maintain your exercise/eating routine and still enjoy the holidays?
- Schedule your exercise sessions every day and make sure you go! Getting your exercise in during the morning hours is a great tactic to ensure you get it in. It is so easy for other holiday obligations to interfere with your exercise routine when you wait until the later day hours.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables every day. Eating a salad before you go to a holiday gathering can leave you feeling full and makes it less likely you will over indulge on those Christmas cookies.
- Don’t hang out at the food table during a party. You are less likely to over indulge if you get a plate and walk away.
- Don’t drink all your calories. Eggnog, Apple cider and alcoholic beverages can quickly add to your daily caloric consumption. Have a plan on how many drinks you are going to have before you go to that party.
- Don’t feel guilty if you over indulge or don’t have time for your workout that day. During this season, there will probably be a day or two when you just can’t get your exercise in or eat one too many pieces of fudge. Don’t kick yourself. Simply restart the next day and stick to it.
- Schedule some of your family excursions to include a little movement. If you have someone visiting, schedule a Pilates class with them. Or go and walk at the Zoo Lights with everyone.
Trying to fit in your exercise sessions during this busy season can be quite challenging, but it will be worth it. You will feel better if you do. ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio is here to help offering private, semi-private and drop-in Pilates classes. Schedule your next Pilates session today!
Finally, make sure you have a wonderful holiday season!
****Give the gift of health this holiday season! ABS Pilates of Columbus, Ohio offers gift certificates for classes, private and semi-private sessions. Contact ABS Pilates today to get one for you or a loved one!